November 12, 2012 at about 5 AM, I woke up for one of my many restroom trips the night and felt more painful than normal contractions. They weren't very regular, but they were often enough that I couldn't sleep. By 8 AM, though, they were within 20 min. Jacob went to work but at 9:30 I called him to come get me because the contractions were like 6 minutes apart. We dropped Dallin off at Kristen's house and sped (literally) to the hospital. We got there and they checked me and I was dilated to a 5 and contractions were 5 min apart. After getting me checked in and ready to go, I was SO ready for an epidural. Just before 2:00 PM I was ready to push. About 5 pushes later, Kaylee came into this world at 2:01 PM. She is perfect and has a head full of dark hair. She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19 inches long (I think, I'll have to double check that). Dallin loved coming to the hospital to see us and for a few days after we came home he asked to go to the hospital several times a day. He has done so well with her. He likes to pat her head and say "soft and gentle" and occasionally wants to hold her. That only lasts for about 10 seconds though. We are smitten by our little sweetheart and are so glad she is a part of our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment