Monday, January 21, 2013

Our Awesome, Crazy, Energetic, Two and a Half Year Old

It's been a long time since I have written about Dallin. He is 100% boy and loves anything to do with cars and trucks and trains and airplanes. He is very good at entertaining and playing by himself, which has been extremely helpful with so much of my attention on Kaylee these past few months. He is a good big brother and always pats her head and gives her kisses. His 2 most favorite shows right now are "Mater's Tall Tales" and "Thomas and Friends." He would watch them all day, everyday if I let him. I try to limit it to once a day, usually while I'm getting ready. Dallin's speech has improved immensely over the past few months. He is using complete sentences and I can understand most of what he says (unless he's throwing a tantrum...). Speaking of tantrums, we've been experiencing the wonderful world of terrible twos. As long as he gets enough sleep he's usually not too bad. Some days are just not good though, and I want to pull out my hair! He has SO much energy and is always running or jumping. He loves riding his Harley tricycle. He can't reach the peddles yet so he just pushes himself with his feet on the floor. Dallin is learning how to pray. He says "Heavenly Father, thankful this day" and then repeats the last word of every sentence we say. It's pretty dang cute. :) He loves going to church and especially Nursery. Every time we sing in Sacrament Meeting he says "Go to Nursery?" after the song ends. He also likes to hold a hymn book in his lap and sing along with us.

I think we are getting close to being ready to potty train. Every time I say the words "potty train" he gets excited. However, it's because of "train" and not "potty"... but seriously though, I've been showing him videos and reading books about potty training and I think he's starting to kind of understand. When he has to go number 2  he tells me and then runs under the table to do his business. I bought him "Thomas" and "Mater" underwear today and he was excited when I showed him. I let him wear just the underwear for a little while today just so he could see what it was like to not have to wear a diaper. He didn't want to put his diaper back on so maybe that will be some incentive for him. So sometime this next week I think I'll test it out and see if he is ready. If not, we'll wait a while and then try again.

We are so blessed to have this happy, energetic, healthy boy in our family. He has taught me so much and is such a good example of  having excitement for the simple, everyday things of life. I can't imagine life without him. He is my little buddy and I love hanging out with him everyday (well most days... ;)).

(Pictures taken by Maija-Liisa Downing)

No comments:

Post a Comment