It's already almost halfway through October and time is just flying by! It's probably because we are busy busy busy. Jacob is working hard to finish his PhD by the end of next summer. He is still working full time at the MTC but is now in Development, which is more in line with his degree. He enjoys it, but also misses working more directly with the teachers and missionaries. He now designs materials that missionaries will use before and during their missions. With the age change and increase in missionaries, it is definitely an exciting time to be a part of the Lord's work. Jacob is also the ward clerk, so Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings and afternoons are usually spent at the church. He is still playing in the band and they've had a few gigs recently. They played in South Jordan at a shopping center called SoDa Row, for the Alpine Days fireworks show, and at an event at Provo Beach Resort. They are pretty good and are fun to watch. Jacob is working on a few business startups as well. The first one is Priceforguns.com which tracks gun sales and values. The second one is a non-profit for a scripture study database or something like that. So with all of these things going on, he is definitely a busy man.
I have been mostly trying to keep up with Dallin and now Kaylee. That girl never stops moving! At the beginning of September I ran the Mt. Nebo Half Marathon. It was the first half marathon I had ever run. I have never really enjoyed running, but, while training, I got to the point where I actually felt good for the first 3 miles or so instead of being extremely tired and feeling like I was going to die. My last long run before the race was pretty tough, so I was a little worried. The race went down Payson Canyon so it was mostly down hill. I felt really good for the first 8 miles and then I started to feel a little tired, but it wasn't too bad. The last 3 miles were the hardest but I finished with out stopping except for the 15 seconds I spent walking while drinking every 2 miles. That was one of my goals- to not stop or walk (other than to drink). My other goal was to finish in less than 2 hours - I came in at 1:55:30... mission accomplished! Since the course is mostly downhill, I was SO sore the next four days. But, I recovered and am very glad I did it. I've had a hard time motivating myself to exercise now though, so I'll have to find something else to work toward. This month I have been in the process of getting a business license to do hair officially from our house. I just have to turn in the application, get an inspection, and then I'll be good to go.
Dallin is becoming such a big boy. We are in the process of potty training and it's going pretty well. He usually goes #1 on the potty without me telling him to go and he stays dry at night. the last 4 nights he hasn't wanted to put a diaper on so I let him wear underwear and he has stayed dry everytime. We're not having much luck with #2 though. He always goes in his underwear and doesn't give me any warning. No hiding, squating, telling me, nothing. It's annoying. Oh well, it will happen sometime. He still loves cars, trains, and planes. His favorite cars are Mater, Lightning McQueen, McMissile, and Francesco from Cars.
Kaylee is 11 months now and is moving all over the place. She pulls up to standing and walkes along furniture. She likes to eat the dog food and everything else she can get her hands on. She has 6 teeth now and has had her 3rd haircut. at 10 months she weighed 15 lb. 2 oz. and was 26 and 3/4 inches tall. So she's still a little one, but a very cute little one. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment