Thursday, March 11, 2010

And the drumroll please.....

It's a boy!!! Today was the big day and we found out we are having a boy! We are both very excited. My mom was convinced that I would have a girl. I think that's just because she wants more granddaughters! Now she'll have 5 grandsons and only two granddaughters, so we really do need more girls in the family. It is weird being able to say he and know for sure it's a he. I always felt bad calling my baby an "it", so I'm glad I don't have to say "he or she" or "the baby". I can just say "he"! :) It was really fun seeing him today in the ultrasound. We got to see all sorts of things such as the boy parts (of course), the heart, kidneys, spine, his brain, nose, lips, ect. He was asleep and really still during most of it, but then at the end, he woke up and was wiggling around like crazy! Today just made it seem even more real, and now I just want it to be July so I can hold and love him!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting! In Alex's family the last 9 grandkids have all been girls! So we could use more boys in our family!

    ReplyDelete